January 10, 2010

MISSING HAWAII'S WARMTH

After a week of being sick and dealing with the cold weather, I sat at my computer today and tried "imaging" myself somewhere else...somewhere warmer. Immediately I thought of Hawaii. So to perk myself up & motivate me to a happier place, I went through some of the photos I took on my recent trip there and picked one to share.

This particular photo caught my eye because of the beauty of the ocean & rocks, but also because of an emotional connection. I remembered standing there for probably half an hour watching the waves crash against the rocks. I remembered being so overwhelmed with this peaceful feeling. The freshest air I think I've ever inhaled filled my lungs, the bluest skies surrounded me everywhere and the most beautiful water danced below me against the cliff. I stood there with no cares...no worries...no stress...I was in a total state of peace & happiness. Nothing but calmness and warmth wrapped around my body. I especially liked the "warm" feeling I was recalling. So today's post is simply an image that will distract "my mind" from the cold weather we are currently having in Georgia and take me to that sunnier & warmer place I remember in Hawaii. :)

3 comments:

Mama said...

Angel, Beautiful shot & excellent description !!!!! Great Job --- God Bless

Monique said...

I wanna jump in right now...planning on taking Micah back to Hawaii in 2 years :):):)
Love ya! BEAUTIFUL SHOT!!!

ohana photographers said...

*long sigh* hope your 2010 is full of love and blessings cassandra!