January 8, 2010

BEING SICK = NOT FUN

Well...a week has passed in the new year and it was definitely not what I had anticipated and not the way I wanted to bring in a bright energetic new year. My week has been filled with coughing, sneezing, fever, headache, runny nose, watery eyes, congestion, aches, chills, sweats & more. Uggggggggggg...a week of being sick. Definitely "NOT" how I wanted to start things off in the new year. With the weather now in the 20s and 30s, it has been hard to kick my cold & more difficult to feel like being productive. I've spent most days dressed like I'm on my way to the North Pole or the extreme opposite, depending on whether I'm hot or cold at the time. I've been extremely tired and at times felt like a bear in hibernation. My "to do" list has multiplied radically in the past 7 days, as I mark one item off, three more quickly appear. Getting work done has been difficult, it is much easier to just watch bad TV and groan about feeling horrible. Being sick has not been fun :( but it has made me appreciate that I rarely get sick & that I have many days of good health. :) For that I am thankful.

I didn't want to bore my internet friends with such a "blah blah blah" post, but I made a "New Year's Resolution" to "blog more often" in 2010! Even if nothing exciting is going on, I still want to share myself, my life & my business. Luckily I am not getting graded on the creativity of this post...ha.ha. LOL.

For now, just a sneak peak of what my bathroom counter looked like this past week...


To anyone in cold weather...stay warm and keep your medicines & hand sanitizers near.

4 comments:

sarah said...

this picture makes me laugh. and i remind you to be thankful you live in america, where all this is readily available. decongestants? nyquil? we can't get those here.

Jackie Beale said...

awww I hope you feel better cass, I was a little sick too a few weeks ago but like you, I don't get sick very often :D

Alexandra said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so sick :( Especially in the first week of the New Year!!! One of my resolutions is to blog more often, too and it's REALLY hard!!!! I have to give more credit to those who blog every day and make it look so easy. *sigh*. Anyways I hope that you're feeling better :)

Irene Frankhouse said...

Sorry to hear your sick. I hope you feel better!!