September 27, 2009

NEW LOGO

Here it is...my new LOGO! yea yea. I am so excited and couldn't wait to share it. As a few people know, I am in the middle of re-branding myself and pushing my business forward. This will include a brand new look, a new blog & new website. I felt the first important step was for me to re-do my original logo that has been with me from the start. My friend Meg, who is very "savvy" business woman, once told me that changing your logo too much will confuse people & make it harder to remember you. With this advice, I waited until now to change my logo. I am planning to keep this one around for awhile and...if necessary, build on it in the future.

Here is a short explanation of how it came to be. I wanted something with a clean, fresh & hip look. ;) I spent many hours tearing out logos from my favorite magazines. I spent many hours browsing the internet for other logos I liked. Since my name is not really "logo-friendly", I decided to use my name as the logo itself. NO cute flowers, cameras, abstract figures, initials or other clip art...just my name. With this idea, I knew I would need a font that would make a DRAMATIC VISUAL IMPACT and still represent my personality & style. After all my research, I had an idea in my head and I was happy. Now I needed to find the perfect font, so I spent many hours looking through thousands & thousands of fonts. Did I mention the "many" hours all this took? LOL. Finally I found a font that was different, it was "not" a font that you see every day and I liked it...A LOT. :)) To me, this font is really cool and I love the way the letter "s" adds some fun to it. A touch of cyan blue was added to the "M" because it seemed too boring with all black lettering. I think the cyan blue adds just the right touch of color to make it pop. I am hoping to add the same cyan blue to some of my packaging, but that will come later. Some changes were made and after some tweaks, thanks to Jennifer of Hugon Art & Design...it was done. YES!

Drum roll please....ha.ha. OK....here it is. :)))




This is my logo for when I choose to add the word "photography"...



Hope you like it. Have a blessed day~

8 comments:

kymberli q. said...

I love, love, love it, Cassandra!!!!!!!! It's PERFECT! Congratulations!!

ohana photographers said...

yay!!! congrats on your new logo! it looks AWESOME cassandra!!

Mama said...

Angel, WOW, you go girl, so cool, I simply LOVE it, know that I am proud of you and give GOD THANKS for your TALENT !!! Keep up the good work --- God Bless

Fun Memories said...

Love it. very crisp and clean and has a modern flair. cant wait to see the "new you".

Monique said...

I LOVE IT!!! So simple but says ALOT!!! I like the lower case too...GREAT CHOICE!!!


xoxoxo,
Nique

Jackie Beale said...

wow congrats Cass! I love it! I like the SS's too :)

Irene Frankhouse said...

I think it looks great!! :)

Unknown said...

hey lady, wow!!! happy new year, i think i am a little late:) sweet post and happy bday to yr sister. i like your new LOGO, "I LIKE IT A LOTTT!!" come c me some time, "a moment in time" jdr