June 18, 2009

KIM, DAN & KENZI_PART II

I can't find the words to express how much fun I had on my recent shoot with Kim, Dan & Kenzi. We laughed together like we were the oldest of friends. Here are some more of my favorites from the shoot, I had so many it was hard to decide which to share on my blog.

Kenzi was amazing as we switched her outfits periodically during the shoot, but I don't think she minded. She's quite a little girly girl, so I think she was more than happy to have a wardrobe change handy. It still makes me laugh that she wouldn't smile at me when I asked, but that she would wait until I didn't have my camera ready and then say "cheeeessseeee".



I love this photo of Kim & Kenzi...



Kenzi tried hard not to laugh at times. I know that I'm a really funny person (ha ha) and I know that she really wanted to laugh at me, but she refused. See the "almost smirk" on her face. I am pretty sure that she was ignoring me and not laughing on purpose...ha. ha.



I even tried to get Dan to make her laugh. She clearly has a very strong will.



You can tell in this photo that Kenzi is laughing at Kim, not me. :(



Wardrobe change became quicker with more practice. I love the colors in her swimsuit.



Love this photo of Kenzi & Dan...





Now I am not certain, but I do believe that I asked Kenzi for a smile here. LOL. I think she crossed her arms in protest, she seriously cracks me up. I am not sure where this attitude comes from...hummm? Kim, any ideas...ha ha...just kidding.



I love this shot where Kenzi is going to toss the ball to Kim...I love action shots.


10...10...9.5...Yea Kim! Way to follow through, even though you were no where close to catching that ball. But...we'll give you a good score for making an attempt. ha ha. Do you all see what I mean about laughing. I laughed hysterically this entire shoot, I am really surprised I didn't have a ton of blurred photos from camera shake.



Yikes, another photo that just makes Kenzi look so much more "grown-up" than she is. Look at the attitude in that walk. You go Kenzi.



Disclaimer : No kids were harmed in the taking of this photo and I did post this photo with Kim's consent. I just hope I do not get yelled at by the Grandparents. smile smile :) However, this photo to me simply reflects the strong personality that Kenzi has. When she is not happy, she will let you know really quick. Kenzi is definitely one of the best kids I've ever photographed. She only got upset this one time when we put her on the towel to sit. She was not happy. I snapped a couple photos and Kim immediately grabbed her up. I think she just didn't want to sit still...Kenzi is very active. We took the towel away and Kenzi was all smiles.



She was perfectly content as long as she could walk around and play.



I love this photo, even though Kenzi isn't looking at me...I think is was one of my favorites.



Kenzi...a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e.




I love this photo of Kim. She smiles all the time. I can even feel her smiling when we talk on the phone.



I love how Kenzi talks with her hands. I do that too.




"are you coming?"



Click here to view SLIDESHOW. (The slideshow will take just a few minutes to load & then it will start playing automatically~thank you.)

Kim, Dan & Kenzi...thank you all for being so amazing during the shoot. Also, thank you for treating me to dinner afterwards, you guys were too sweet. (I LOVE my clients, they are the coolest people!!!) Kenzi...you are such a sweetheart. I look forward to watching you grow and documenting more of your life. Can't wait to see you all again.
xoxo...cassandra m

5 comments:

Mama said...

Angel, Amazing photos, love them all especially the last one-terrific-and the crying one, Kenzi will kill U when she gets grown, LOL. Truly a beautiful family - Great Job --- God Bless

Amanda said...

beautiful photos!

Cristen said...

OH MY GOSH!! Too cute for words! I Love the images of the family with the little girl in her swimsuit! I with you were closer so you can take our photos with Little Bobby :)

Curtis Copeland said...

Great family portrait photography. Nice work. Thanks for sharing!

kymberli q. said...

Your family sessions are just brilliant, Cassandra! I absolutely love them!! These are wonderful! My favorites are the last three!!