June 22, 2009

NOW I LAY ME DOWN TO SLEEP...

I wish I could take full credit for this shoot, but I must confess...the "idea" for this was all my friend Robyn's planning. She asked me if I would come over and snap a few photos of her and Eisley when she got ready to lay her down for her nap. She tried explaining to me the feeling she had during these intimate moments with her sweet little Eisley, but I didn't fully understand until I saw it. She told me of this bond the two of them share...the quite time that is just theirs...mother & daughter alone. She described a small pink room full of love, innocence and pure happiness...and she wanted to remember this feeling always.

Robyn turned on her iPod to lightly play some soft music in the background and I waited patiently at a cracked door. Once I saw Robyn rocking Eisley and talking to her in a gentle voice, I knew this was going to be some amazing photos.

"Now I lay me down to sleep...I pray the Lord my soul to keep..."



I love this next photo. I only pushed the door open a little, so I wouldn't wake Eisley. I wanted to keep the door and the wall in the image...I like shooting through stuff. I shot this with my 85mm @ f 1.2 / 6400 ISO...LOVE IT!



I absolutely LOVE my new Canon 5D Mark II that my sister bought me as a birthday present in January. Thank You Sis! With my new camera I was able to shoot with an ISO of 6400, which was awesome since the room did not have a lot of light coming inside. Robyn likes to close the blinds and have the room dark for Eisley's naps. That's ok though, I was still able to get some amazing images...with my new Canon 5D Mark II...yea!



Even though shooting at such a high ISO will give you some "noise" in your images...I purposely used Photoshop to add more "noise" to this image to give it a more grainy appearance. Love it!



Tender moments like this make you forget all your worries...



Just for fun...black & white / color mix.



Another favorite image, shot with my wide angle 16-35mm...shooting through the cracked door again.



Aaaahhhhhhhhhh....




Eisley's new favorite sleep buddy...


Robyn...I hope this is what you envisioned in your head. I am more in love with Eisley just looking at these photos. You are an amazing Mommie and I am honored you trusted me to capture the bond you share with Eisley at nap time. xoxoxoxo...

7 comments:

kymberli q. said...

These are just beautiful! So sweet! Mom and baby are gorgeous too!

P.S. Your sister rocks!!

Mary Marantz said...

oh these are so awesome!! great job girlie!

Monique said...

Robyn...what an awesome idea!!!
Cass...you ALWAYS "hit the nail on the head"...lol
You captured the pure essence of innocence...a quiet place that speaks volumes of LOVE, SECURITY, & WARMTH...WOW!!!

xoxoxo,
Nique

Brad Peters said...

if a mood was what your friend wanted you to capture, you nailed it! Great job with limited capabilities!

Mama said...

Angel, Only a true mother knows & experience these feelings & U did a great job capturing them. I know Robyn appreciates U doing this, because children grow up so fast !!! Excellent Job --- God Bless

ohana photographers said...

that first image is perfection. i would canvas that one for sure!

Chris, Cristen and Abby said...

Amazing images!! I love the 5D Mark II. Your sister gives amazing gifts!!