March 1, 2009

BRIDAL SHOWS

Today was The Georgia Bridal Show by Elite Events at the Civic Center, here in Savannah. Although I was not able to set up a booth, I did want to go and meet some other photographers and get a feel for the atmosphere. It was amazing. I met some wonderful photographers and videographers, as well as other vendors. As a newbie, I am looking to get myself acquainted with other photographers for so many different reasons. What I found out today is that there are other people starting out that want the same thing. I want to make connections, so that I can build bonds with people who share my same passion and excitement about photography. I truly believe that if we "help each other" we will better ourselves and our businesses. I look to other photographers for inspiration & advice, but I also want to give or share what I've learned. I think today was a great start to making friends locally.

Here are some of the people I met...
Abby of "Dragonfly Photography"...She was sweet and genuinely nice! Her personality and talent will take her far in the business. You would never know this girl is a newbie, she is well ahead of the game. With breathtaking images, a positive & fun attitude, I know she and I will make great friends and colleagues.
Marcus of "Marcus Ian Photography"...He certainly has an eye for detail and specializes in some amazing environmental portraits. Of course with a beautiful wife and 3 girls, he does have his photography schedule full I'm sure.
Josh & Jennifer of "New Day Photography"...I immediately clicked with this rockin' husband-wife duo. It may have been the fact that their slideshow was playing on a large MAC monitor. You all know I love Apple...ha.ha. Of course, their images were very modern and simply stunning! The fact they were just super nice made it very easy to talk to them & like them.
Aislinn of "Aislinn Kate Photography"...Aislinn is both modern and edgy. I connected with her style of photography and I like what I saw in her images. She truly captures art when she photographs.
Thomas of "Hart to Heart | Media"...I watched some of his work on this huge TV in their booth...great videography! I really want to do a video for my website to introduce myself to potential clients. These guys have some awesome work....yea.
Leslie of "The Knot"...She was professional and very friendly, she made me smile as I spoke with her. I completely understand why The Knot is so well respected and why I've only heard good things about them. The people represent the company and Leslie is a wonderful asset to The Knot.
And finally, Daisy of "Coastal Weddings"...This is a complimentary directory of wedding vendors and is packed with all kinds of information for brides. It is definitely a great resource for brides and they offer affordable advertising too. Contact "coastalweddings@comcast.net" for more information.

This was a wonderful experience and I feel very blessed to have met such amazing people. I look forward to building relationships and keeping in touch with my new acquaintances...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

hey lady, love the passion that you have for the art of photography;) you seem to have a giving heart and the correct prespective on the industry of capturing "moments in time" thanks for being so giving of your self, your family and your God given' talent. love your mama's heart as well;} "GIVE and it shall be given unto you...." amomentintime