February 22, 2009

El Yunque

While I was in Puerto Rico, I went to El Yunque Rainforest, with my dear friend, Jerry. We took a "hiking" tour our last morning and got quite a great workout. Along the way were so many amazing sites and I took an insane amount of photos. The very last waterfall, near the top of the mountain, was by far my favorite site of all. I am sure everyone has a unique reaction when they see it and I will absolutely never forget mine. It was a moment of solitude, a moment of peace and of pure calmness. Even with people swimming below, laughing and talking extremely loud, I just seemed to zone them all out. It was me and this waterfall, just the two of us...and WOW...the feeling will forever be locked in my mind and in my heart. I stood amongst a crowd of people, but yet I felt alone. I took photo after photo and even took a HD video of the waterfall, to bring home and share with my family & friends. I will try to upload it on my blog later so you all can see too. I am sure the image below will not nearly do it justice...this waterfall was simply breathtaking! I wanted to share its beauty, it was magnificent...it was amazing...it was a little piece of heaven. I couldn't imagine a better way to end my trip.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angel, Isn't the handiwork of our GOD AWESOME ??? --- God Bless

Chris, Cristen and Abby said...

So beautiful!! Did you get in to swim around? I once played below a waterfall in Hawaii and it was sooooo cold but fun!! :) Great photo!

Jackie Beale said...

ooooh I remember EL YUNQUE!I went to PR 3 years ago and it was amazing. I love this rainforest :)Looks like you had a blast there. Puerto rico is beautiful and the food is goooooooooood! ;)

ML Photography said...

Cass...I just want to jump into my computer screen...this pic is so clear...so breathtaking...I too agree. God's work and creation is AWESOME and out of this world. How beautiful!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

oh i don't even want to look at this anymore! so jealous cassandra!

Val McCormick Photography said...

Oh My that is so beautiful!!!!!! Did you get to play in it?