January 26, 2009

MY BIRTHDAY!

Happy Birthday to me...hee hee. Today I received many cards, calls, texts and even e-cards, all to wish me a Happy Birthday. Thats right...a year older...a year wiser and another year I am thankful for. I got cards from my best friends and my family...my sister, my Mom and even my baby Mocha, he always surprises me with his paw-writing abilities...ha.ha. Anyways, the reason for writing this blog today is simply to share the words on the card that my Mom gave to me. I blog both for my business and for personal reasons. I want my clients, potential clients and other professionals to get to know the "real" me. So I throw in a "personal" blog from time to time and share a piece of "who I am". When I read my Mom's card, it made my heart smile. I am sure she spent quality time in the card section to find the perfect card for me. I think she did a wonderful job. I wanted to "thank her" because she & my Dad instilled in me the very qualities & characteristics that she is so proud of now. So today I wanted to share a piece of me through my Mom's eyes.



My Daughter What I Love About You

I love the spirit of you...
the grace with which you welcome each challenge,

the childlike wonder that still colors your days.


I love the originality of you...

your willingness to stand out from the crowd...
your unique perspective on what's happening
in
the world and in your life.

I love the wisdom of you...
the way you trust your intuition,
your unfailing commitment
to doing the right thing.


And most of all, I love the heart of you...
the genuine compassion,
empathy and friendship

you offer to everyone you know.

And on your birthday,
I'm wishing joy
and blessings to you,
my beautiful daughter and friend.

My hope is that I can measure up to a small amount of what she sees in me. I continue to strive daily to obtain all these amazing qualities. And I wish that one day, I will be deserving of all the wonderful things she says about me. I sometimes question who I am and what I am doing with my life...then I get a subtle reminder that I am very blessed and that I am special in my own way. It is times like this when my heart smiles and I know I am on the right path in life. I feel God close and I know that I have the love & support of my family & friends. Thank you all for your special birthday wishes...

Have a blessed day~cassandra!

3 comments:

kymberli q. said...

Love this post! Happy Birthday Cassandra! I hope you have a wonderful year ahead!!

Chris, Cristen and Abby said...

Happy late Birthday!!

Unknown said...

Happy, happy belated Bday;) i am sorry that i missed your big day. the perspective of a mother's heart is encouraging to say the least;) it is a breath of fresh air to meet, thur your blog, people that work so hard to make their way in this life and to be determend enough NOT to want the government to bail them out. "NO PUN INTENDED". Again, my Bible tells me to raise up a child in the way it should go, and when it is old, it will not depart from it. Thanks mom for Cass;) amomentintime