October 8, 2008

ROBYN, JAMES & EISLEY

FRIENDS...Best Friend. Close Friend. Trusted Friend. Faithful Friend. Sister Friend. Loyal Friend. Childhood Friend. Beloved Friend. Spiritual Friend. Intimate Friend. New Friend. Lifetime Friend. No matter what adjective you use to describe them, Friends are special people. Friends are people who laugh with us, cry with us, support our dreams, comfort us, encourage us, question us, share opinions, respect us and love us for who we are. If we are lucky, we will find a person with all these qualities and keep them in our lives. That is what I did when I met my friend Robyn.

When we were first introduced, I didn't realize what a wonderful friendship we would build. I didn't realized how important she would become to me. I am so blessed to have her as a friend and was super stoked to recently meet my newest niece, Eisley Grace.

Congratulations Robyn & James...You guys made a beautiful baby!



This is definitely one of the weirdest looks I've gotten from a baby...ha.ha. I thought this photo was hilarious and so very adorable. I can already tell Little Miss Eisley is going to be quite a character.




I think my friend Robyn is simply gorgeous...inside and out!





I love these photos of James and Eisley. He is so gentle with her and you can see how much he adores her.



Eisley was teething and decided to chew on James' shorts...too funny!




I love the connection with James and Eisley in this photo. No bond is like the one between a father and daughter.



And I get the look again...ha.ha.




I can't imagine her ever getting into trouble with big BLUE eyes like that...





I love photographing my friends, I can always try new stuff and they are OK with it. I kinda use them as guinea pigs to experiment. I just like the feel of this photo and how the sun illuminates it.



I did most of the shoot while it was still very sunny out, but when you are on a baby's schedule...sleeping, eating and pooping have to be considered when setting up a time line. Although it was really bright, I did get some shots with strong shadows that I really liked.



This shot was Robyn's idea...I love when clients give me their creative input. I always welcome suggestions or ideas when doing shoots. I took a series of these shots. When Robyn would lift Eisley in the air she would bust into laughter.




Although Eisley has already been to the beach, it was fun to watch her reaction when the waves came in. There is one thing for sure, she is definitely a HAPPY baby. She laughed the whole time, even though she was teething.





Yes, James is making funny sounds to entertain Eisley. It worked...she was laughing at him.



This was such a cool looking tree.



A favorite...It amazes me how such a small baby can recognize her Daddy's voice. I just love the way she was reaching for him.




Robyn & James...You guys are going to make the most incredible parents. Eisley is very blessed to have you. Please know I wish you all the best in life. Thank you for trusting me to capture the beauty of your family...


Have a blessed day~cass!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angel, A great shoot that reveals the love in this family & what a foundation to build a future on. LOVE !!! Faith, Hope & Charity, the greatest of these is Charity (Love). Excellent job --- God Bless

Unknown said...

Hey Girl:-) I love what MAMA said, about as much as your shoot:-}

You nailed this one, but i have yet to see one that you didn't nail:-) have i ever told you that your work is awesome???? what lense are you shooting with??

this is an awesome location and a beautiful family. easy shoot, huh? the little one, Eisley Grace looks like she is saying, "WHAT YA LOOKING AT" in two shots. she is too cute!!!!

I love all of the adjectives that you introduce this shoot with. Friends are a treasure. Jesus is our Friend that sticks closer than our closest friend and even our brother.

Your wrighting with light is so appealing to say the least. I LIKE IT ALOT. Don't ya just love fotogs;~} A MOMENT IN TIME

Val McCormick Photography said...

I really enjoyed this set Cassandra. What a GORGEOUS family. Those looks cracked me up! Awesome job especially in challenging light! :-)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

cassandra. wow. what a beautiful family! every single image is breathtaking!

Al Quackenbush said...

Cassandra, these are beautiful! What a photogenic family and Eisley is adorable. I am so looking forward to our Riley coming into this world and us having a bond like James and Eisley. Love the color and sharpness!

I don't do this very often, but I would hope for it on my photos... constructive criticism ;) - your horizon lines are crooked in the background. Some of them I am sure it was on purpose, heck, maybe all of them, but some stick out because the ocean was so prominent in the background. The 2 reasons I point it out is that it'll help align your photos and, well, I have been guilty of doing this same thing in the past. For my first few months I did it a lot and my good friend, Sherif, pointed out that I wasn't looking at the 'whole photo'.

I still love them and can't wait for the next session!

kymberli q. said...

Wow! Beautiful images and family, Cassandra! What gorgeous keepsakes for them! I LOVE that last one and the one with daughter and daddy looking at each other! I'd have that one BLOWN UP ON CANVAS STAT!!!!!

Rachel Brooke said...

aww i remember this cutie! This family is gorgeous. The "look" you got cracked me up!!

Anonymous said...

i love this session. especially the shots with dad & baby. precious. really great work.

Anonymous said...

These are great! Awesome work :) Gorgeous family!