January 17, 2008

Cooper & Mackenna

Recently, I went down to Riverstreet to take pictures of the speed boat races, better known as the ChampBoat Grand Prix Of Savannah. I had the fun of taking not only photos of some really cool boats, but a really cool kid and his most adorable blue eyed little sister. This is Cooper. He is the son of two of my friends (Jennifer & Yancey) and this was the first time I had met him, since moving back to Savannah. When I saw his jersey I knew we would instantly be buddies. I was not planning to turn my camera away from the boats, but honestly...how could I resist capturing this face. Cooper was so funny and kept us all laughing...I just could not stop taking photos of this kid. Seriously, he is simply awesome.


And this is his sister, Mackenna. I believe the only person with eyes this blue is my nephew, Eli. I just melted when I saw this precious little girl's BIG BLUE eyes. Poor Yancey, I imagine he has a very hard time saying "No" to this face.


I have officially adopted Cooper as my new Georgia Bulldog mascot for my BLOG. Everyone knows how I love to post about the Dawgs, so now I can have Cooper's photo handy to tell everyone "Georgia Bulldogs are #1 !!!!"...Thanks Cooper!





Here is a picture of Jennifer with the kids. It was very hard to get Cooper to sit still for 5 seconds, so I snapped this really quick and he was off again to play.


Here are some of the boats we were watching...



This is one of my favorite shots of Yancey & his son. I love this picture. Yancey was telling Cooper about the boats...he even had Cooper yelling at them at one point. You could tell Cooper's excitement just by his expression when the boats would roar by us.



Mackenna was not as entertained as Cooper.



These are two more of my favorites...




Now this photo has a story behind it...Looks innocent doesn't it? While Jennifer & her Mom took Mackenna for a walk Yancey decided to get Cooper this GIANT CHOCOLATE Ice Cream. What a GREAT DAD! Still looks innocent doesn't it? Look below this photo for the aftermath.



I do believe this was the most entertainment I had all day. Everyone was laughing because I just kept taking photo after photo after photo after photo. However, I wanted to throughly document this event and wanted to share it with Jennifer when she returned from her walk. I do not believe I have ever seen a kid enjoy an ice cream as much as Cooper did this one. It was so hilarious watching him. I remember our friend Randy constantly pointing and laughing at the fact that Yancey would have to clean him up. I was laughing too Randy. These were priceless to me. And Cooper...I too LOVE CHOCOLATE ice cream ;)




At this point you can see Cooper is about done and I think we all were about ready to leave. It was a fantastic day though.



I appreciate Jennifer and Yancey letting me snap these pics and I have already talked about actually doing a portrait shoot with them. How could you go wrong with photographing these two beautiful kids. ;) Great job guys, I know you are very proud of these kids and they are very lucky to have the two of you to guide them and teach them in this life. I can't wait to get with you guys later and take some more fun photos...just no ice cream for Cooper this time Yancey...ha.ha.

Have a blessed day~cassandra

1 comments:

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

I LOVE the BOO-BOO on her forehead! looks looks everyone had fun :)