November 7, 2007

Madyson

This is Madyson...my very dear little friend, who I adopted as my niece. She is an amazing kid and I am very blessed to have her in my life. She belongs to one of my oldest and dearest friends, Anna. I met Anna years ago when I had first moved to Savannah and we have remained the best of friends ever since. No matter where I lived, even Key West...she was always calling to see how life was going. We have one of those friendships where we can laugh together, cry together...be totally honest and still respect & love each other unconditionally. She has been my sanity at times..offering support, advice, help and sometimes simply a smile. She is one of the most incredible and unselfish people I have ever met and someone I deeply admire. I can only imagine the wonderful future Madyson will have learning from her knowledge and receiving her guidance. What a very lucky little girl.

Well, the other day I stopped by to check out Madyson's Halloween costume and while there I decided to snap a few photos. We haven't done an "official" photo shoot yet, so these are simply some fun photos of me hanging out with Madyson. I had to share...#1 because I am a PROUD Auntie and #2 well, because she is a gorgeous child...beautiful inside and out :)

This is her and one of her teddy bears. She just recently painted her room all pink, with beautiful butterfly stickers on the wall. Her room looks like a "princess room" and it is all girlie, including a huge closet that is almost too small to contain all her shoes and purses. I mean this child LOVES shoes and purses. yikes...I can only imagine what the teen-age years will be like.


This is one of my most favorite shots of the day...


Another one in black in white...yes a favorite too.



I could tell from very early that she was going to love the camera. I've had one in her face since birth...but, I think she is a natural. Even without my encouragement.




And this photo is definitely a favorite too...it clearly magnifies her personality to a tee. She is a very happy little girl and 99% of the time is laughing and having fun. I think this is exactly what I picture in my head when I think of her...



Here she is in her most favorite chair. A rocking chair Joe built, which has weathered a lot of years and three other kids, all boys. However, it is still in perfect condition and still being enjoyed by a little one. Anna thought of painting it white to match Madyson's room, but decided against it. I agreed, I love the natural wood.


I just love this very serious look on her face...




Here are a few of Madyson and her cousin, Avery. Avery came over to go trick or treating with Madyson and they had a blast, as did we adults.



Avery is little more shy than Madyson, but every bit as beautiful and she too loves the teddy bear.


Madyson was a Witch for Halloween...I had money on Cinderella (you know with the whole glass slipper shoes & everything). But I found that the Witch was just as awesome and doesn't she look cute...not like the scary witches in the movies.



Avery was Tinkerbell and adorable with her fairy glitter wings.



Could not forget my favorite boxer, Bailey and the smartest talking bird ever...Buster. These two are such cool pets.


A thank you to Anna for including me in the festivities and to my sweet little Madyson, for once again letting me keep a camera in her face. It was a great night.

To get a glimpse of the fun, CLICK HERE for a slideshow.

Well, hope everyone has a blessed day~c!

0 comments: