November 15, 2007

Fiona

Last week I had the opportunity to photograph a very small and very captivating little one named, Fiona. (And no her Mom did not get the name from the movie Shrek...Although she could easily be nick-named Princess Fiona.) She is one of the smallest babies I've photographed and although I was a little nervous at her small size, she quickly made me feel completely relaxed with her calmness and gentle smiles. I think she was as intrigued with me, as I was with her. After a few photos, she began to simply accept my presence and I was most impressed with how well behaved she was to be so small. It was such a pleasure for me to photograph Cindy & John's beautiful new baby girl...Fiona!


Here are some of the things in Fiona's nursery...although she is still spending her nights in Mommy & Daddy's room. Her nursery is beautifully decorated with lots of stuffed animals and bright vibrantly colored toys. I am so jealous...oh to be a kid again :)


This is a photo of Fiona's tiny white cap...it was a little big on her, but seemed to work just fine for the first part of the shoot. Here she is sporting a gorgeous jumper with purple and white petite flowers on it.


Fiona had just awoke from a nap when I arrived, so we took a few minutes to let her get up and get situated. I love these I caught just as she was yawning.


These were definitely some of my favorites as her Dad, John, was holding her. I worked my way around behind him and got quite a few funny faces as Fiona was reacting to his voice. John had just gotten home from work and I believe she was as ready to see him, as he was to see her.


We decided to take a few photos outside on the porch before it got too chilly. It was a beautiful day but with the time change, it is getting dark earlier than usual. No problem, I had contacted Cindy the day before and we scheduled the shoot a little earlier because of this.



Although Fiona's eyes are closed, you can tell by her squirming and movement that she was awake and could hear us talking. Her facial expressions were cracking me up.


And this is certainly a favorite...could her tiny hands be placed any more perfectly. She was like a little angel.


This is another favorite...Cindy simply laid her head over on John's shoulder. I look at this photo now and I think...how happy, how safe & how loved she must feel. Cindy is glowing...still.


This is the perfect look of a "Proud Mommy". She had such a smile as she glanced down on this precious bundle of joy. I sincerely believe she had forgotten about me at this moment and that she was only aware of John & Fiona.


This was a instantaneous shot I took as Cindy picked Fiona up to place her on the bed...She was so careful as she cradled Fiona. It certainly shows the gentle hands of a Mother.


Those tiny little feet. Imagine where they will take her...


This was just me trying to get creative with a shot...ha.ha. I asked Cindy if she would mind us laying Fiona on this dresser and she kindly agreed. It ended up being one of my favorite shots of the day.


I just love the look on Fiona's face here. She was not crying, I think she was just unfamiliar with me & my camera. The other photos I took after this were of Fiona gazing into her Mom's face and they all showed Fiona looking so peaceful.


Here are some photos of Fiona in a Bumble Bee hat & footies that were given to Cindy by a friend & co-worker. This outfit was the hit of the day. Fiona seemed to love it and I know Cindy was especially happy since a friend had given this to her. The yellow onesie was a perfect match with it.



Another of my favorites...I love the Bumble Bee hat myself...how cute.


This was a shot of Cindy as she cradled Fiona's head in her hands. I just loved it and I think it's perfect as a Black & White photo.


A couple last shots and I believe Fiona has got the modeling thing down at this point. Look at how Fiona laid her little hand against her face. I believe she was letting me know that she was comfortable & happy at this point.


And although I had many, many, MANY favorites of Fiona...this is my MOST FAVORITE of the day. As I was getting ready to pack up and leave, I snapped this last, yes "last" photo. Fiona had settled in her Mom's arms and was drifting off, when her Dad took his hand and gently ran across her arm. How sweet is this? Fiona is actually smiling and I believe she knows that she is one very lucky & loved little girl.

Cindy and John...Thank You for trusting me to take Fiona's first Baby Photos. You guys are going to be great parents and I can't imagine all the love that Fiona is going to receive. She is very blessed to have two such wonderful people as parents. Please know that I wish you all every happiness life has to offer...

To view a slideshow of the fun with Fiona...CLICK HERE.

Have a blessed day~c!

1 comments:

Darrel said...

Cassandra, once again you have amaized me with your talent of capturing beautiful moments with photography. Fiona is absolutely beautiful and so lucky to have such caring parents that allowed you to catch some of her frist steps of the adventure called life. Keep up the GREAT work!

Love Darrel