October 25, 2007

Jeni & James Baby Shower

Babies...babies...babies...So many people I know are having babies this year. That includes my brother and his wife, Jeni. She is due in Dec and this past weekend I got to attend her baby shower and snap a few quick photos. Things were so hectic that we could not plan a shoot like I wanted, but I did get a few awesome photos out back while people were arriving. This will be Jeni's first baby and you can truly tell she already has the motherly instincts. She is such an amazing person, I know she will be the most incredible mother!


One thing I love about Jeni is her sense of style...A soft cotton black baby doll dress paired with a cowboy hat, some boots and she is looking Fab-u-lous!


And even more importantly...her sense of humor. She is such a fun person, I know her kids are going to be in for some "good times" with a Mom as cool as her. Not even being pregnant kept her from giving me some love for the camera.


The shower was simply wonderful...They were blessed to have alot of family & friends there to share their day. They received so many, many gifts...lots of clothes, bouncers, bassinet, crib, more clothes, baby lavender bath stuff, wash cloths, towels...too much stuff to list. Notice the big blue cuddly soft bear in the pic below...that was a gift from my Mocha. He loves his Aunt Jeni, she too is a pet lover! Two doggies, a new puppy and a cat also call themselves her children.


And this was one of my favorite gifts of the day...tiny, tiny little Nikes. Who knew Nike made shoes so small. AWESOME...love them...how cute! I recently got a new pair myself...a bit larger than these and so comfortable...just need to find time to put some miles on them...ha.ha.


A few other gifts that had special meanings were these "hand made" crochet blankets. My Mom made the white blanket. Ms Ana and Ms Maria made these other two and the colors are absolutely breath taking. It is so rare that people will take the time to hand make things anymore. I know these gifts will truly be cherished because of the love that went into making them. Simply beautiful!


As always, there was plenty of laughter from Jeni. And when she made a few of the guys participate in the games...there was laughter from everyone. They were such good sports to play along and boy were they entertaining. A few of those pics are in the slideshow at bottom.


These are actually photos before the shower. My cousin, Jeannette (a Master Scrapbooker and one of the sweetest people I know) decided to make Jeni & James a scrapbook from their wedding last year. Her & My Aunt Mae took photos from the wedding and spent many hours assembling them into this album...paper that gifts were wrapped in, confetti from the bride & groom table, ribbons, bows and many, many scrapbook accessories. The finished product...a GORGEOUS Wedding Album complete with small details, lots of love and one of a kind documentation of their day. I know this too will be cherished, because of its beauty and again for the love that went into making it.


Now here's one of my favorite shots...these are Jeni's Italian boots. My brother bought these for her last year on their honeymoon in Italy. Probably because the 12 pair of shoes she took were not enough...ha.ha. This girl loves shoes too. And these were too adorable with her outfit.


and finally...we were heading back to Savannah, when I glanced in the rear view mirror. I do believe my heart actually skipped a beat. I looked for the nearest place to stop and when I could do so safely, I immediately jumped out...camera in hand and grabbed a few sunset shots. The colors were so amazing and no this is not Photoshop. This was all God's painting in the sky...I was simply lucky enough to capture it.

Click here for the SLIDESHOW of the day...

Remember to say prayers for those in California dealing with the fires...the families, the workers...everyone!
Have a blessed day~c!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said.