October 28, 2007

GEORGIA WINS! DAWGS 42...FL Gators 30

This post is dedicated to my sister, Lydia...a graduate of the University of Georgia and the person who got me hooked on the Dawgs years & years ago. We have more GA memorabilia than I could mention on this post. My sister is a huge fan, it is almost like she bleeds "black & red"...ha.ha. That's a GEORGIA fan for you...always loyal and always giving 150%.
So this is for you, Lydia...Go DAWGS! woof woof! THEY DID IT!!!!

Yes today was the day...a day two rivals would meet yet again in the world's largest outdoor cocktail party! A day when Red & Black, as well as Blue & Orange seemed to be the nation's only colors. Where fans paint their faces & bodies...where hats, shirts, chanting, early tail-gating and a sold out stadium are small reminders that things are going to get intense around kick-off at 3:30 pm. This was one of the few years I have not made the drive to Jacksonville, FL for the college football game of the year...GA DAWGS vs FL Gators. (I already have my regrets) WOW...what an amazingly incredible game! But I sat in my living room...GA hat on, GA tank top on, GA sweats on & GA coo-zie in hand...and with all my attention focused on my TV...I sat, I watched & I cheered the Dawgs on! And since GEORGIA WON I had to share some love on my blog....

Even Mocha is dressed for the occasion. He has several GA t-shirts that he sports from time to time...and today was definitely one of those times!



Here he reminded me of Uga...The white bulldog that serves as the mascot for UGA. What a proud stance. :)


This is a moment that will not soon be forgotten. After scoring the FIRST touchdown of the game...the entire Georgia team stormed the field. The fans were on their feet..I was jumping up and down as if I had just won the lottery and it was an amazing feeling! The team was going crazy and the fans were loving it! Of course it resulted in two penalties, but they didn't care and they still kicked the field goal. It was definitely worth it! This got the Dawgs fierce, aggressive and passionate right from the start. I was so excited I had to lay my camera down to jump, so I missed the shot, but below is a photo take by Phil Coale. I believe Trinton Sturdivant (#77) also received a penalty for the dance he is doing...again, so worth it. This got not only the team & the coaches fired up, but also ALL the fans!


This is just a sweet piece of trivia...every year the Florida Gators take the week off before they play us...well, at least 13 of the past 14 years they have done this. This year GA took the week off and my what a little rest will do for you...these guys played like ROCKSTARS!!!!


And finally, you know I had to post it. The FINAL SCORE - Georgia BULLDOGS 42 and Florida GATORS 30! As usual, it was a most enjoyable game!


Until next time...
Have a blessed day~c!

0 comments: