September 23, 2007

11 STATES...7 DAYS (Part 2)

OK...so this is the final part of our adventure last week. Here are a few of the many, many, many photos I took. I just love flamingos...they are such beautiful and elegant birds.


At the Franklin Park Conservatory Botanical Garden, you can see such amazing sites as these. Bright vivid colors in plants and art. Interesting facts, like the estimated age of this small tree...350 years!


More flowers at a local park....



GIANT Spider! no worries...it is not real. It is actually hand made of wood. It stood about 10 ft tall and about 10 ft wide with its web. It is part of the landscape at the Columbus Metro Park, along with a few friends pictured below.


This is for my little friend Thomas. He LOVES bugs & insects! This is one of the smartest kids I've ever known. He knows the scientific names, their species and any information you need to know about what they eat, where they live...I mean anything. The kid is a
genius! I made my friends hunt down all the bugs in the park to take pictures to share with him. It was definitely an adventure & lots of fun. Also, to give you an idea of how large these were, you could actually stand under the bug in the top right corner. I believe it is a Praying Mantis...right Thomas? :)
Oh yea, to your equally smart & talented brother...HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPENCER!



While there we visited the "Sister's Garden" an area that was once a private estate, owned by two sisters, but now is part of Metro Park. In one area where the kids would play was this really cool brick wall, kinda like a maze and it had all these different marbles in the concrete. I found myself snapping photo after photo of just these really cool marbles.


and the detour over to Manhattan, NEW YORK CITY!



errrrrrrrr
....


simply breathtaking....


Well, that sums up the adventure. Hope you enjoyed the pics.
Have a blessed day~c!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cassandra,
You are the BEST!!! You are a charming individual and a fantastic artist, yes artist. Photography transformed into art. That is what you have done. I wish you all the best and hope all your dreams come true.