September 21, 2007

11 STATES...7 DAYS (Part 1)

whewwwwwwww...what a whirlwind trip to Ohio for my wedding last weekend. We decided to drive and take in some of the beautiful scenery. Thus 11 states in 7 days...2547 total miles! A short breakdown of the trip includes: fresh air...driving through the night to avoid bad traffic...5 am arrival...shopping at the Easton Mall... new gifts for Mocha...GIANT spider... flamingos...350 yr old tree...marbles...a beautiful bride and equally handsome groom...a beautiful & emotional ceremony...martini ice sculpture...human body exhibit...the statue of liberty...horrible Manhattan traffic...lots & lots & lots of horn honking...the Washington Monument...The Pentagon... Chick Fil A...lots of GPS coordinates...finally back in Savannah. This is just a few of the adventures from this past week. Here are some photos I wanted to share...


I simply love Google Maps...


and of course Mocha enjoyed all the fresh air...even at night he wanted the windows down. I just couldn't help but grab my small point and shoot Canon for these photo ops. This is about what my hair looked like to... :)


I didn't get all the state signs as I was being a very cautious driver in heavy traffic areas...but these are a few I did snap while I was in the co-pilot seat...


We arrived at our friend Leonard's house to friendly faces and accommodations better than a 5 star hotel! Sheets washed in lavender detergent...FRESH bouquet of flowers...big fluffy robes and the sweet smell of sage & citrus candles burning throughout the house...it was a wonderful and relaxing way to begin a very hectic week ahead...so thank you Leonard & Brian for your hospitality and hard work! We are truly BLESSED to have such good & wonderful people to call friends. Thank you guys for everything...you are amazing!


We laid down and slept a couple hours. I arose to a beautiful back patio where I had my morning caramel coffee and a big bowl of frosted mini wheats (my favs)... Not sure if it was the fresh air, the swaying of the daisy's or the sound of pure stillness in the air, but I do believe I was in a complete state of happiness at this very moment.


Of course Mocha made himself at home and took over the kitchen table while we did some computer time. He is spoiled because we let him on the table at our home, so Leonard was kind enough to accommodate him. Mocha loves to lay on my 4ftX6ft drafting table, refinished by my Daddy & me some years ago...it now serves as my computer desk & work area. He loves to be around while I am working and I really enjoy his company, although yesterday & today he has been catching up on his missed sleep...


We did a shopping trip up to the Easton Mall in Columbus and it was amazing. Stopped at the Cheesecake Factory for some yummy, yummy food and then went to walk around. My sister first spotted this store with the big paw prints, Moochie & Co. and we immediately darted across the road like we were kids running towards a candy store... oooooohhhhhhhh.... aaaaahhhhhhhhh, it was the COOLEST little pet store. We immediately starting giggling and snatching up items...the sales girl asked us if we just got a new puppy. I replied "No, I've had him for 3 years, but we had to leave him at home for a short shopping trip...so we must take him surprises." We got keychains, a blue hair bow, a soft-flex blue bone and the most super cool purple octopus that has squeakers in each of its legs and in its head. (mocha loves, loves, loves squeakers...he always checks his new toys and seems disappointed if it doesn't squeak...I even have to buy replacement squeakers...ha.ha) Then we order the neatest Red Dingo Dog Tag, although he has an little red bone ID tag...this one was really nice and we couldn't pass it up, so we put in an order. And to top it off we got TWO free bags of treats (Beefy Bones & Carob Chip Oh-Boys!) which have all natural ingredients, no salt or sugar added. Woof...Woof...Yum! Yum!


Red Dingo
(for cool cats & hot dogs) will mail your puppy's tag to your house after it is engraved...to your Pet (in c/o your name). I love that & Mocha loves to get packages. It was already here in our mail when we returned. I choose the small tag with a bone and a black background...stainless steel with enamel. They have kitty symbols & tags as well, and have small & large size tags in assorted colors. It is heavy and very nice quality. I love, love, LOVE IT!

Ok...well, that about sums up the Part 1 of this adventure...stay tuned for more.
have a blessed day~c

0 comments: