June 11, 2009

CHAMBER TRADE SHOW

This week I attended my first trade show to network and promote my photography business. It was the Savannah Chamber of Commerce Trade Show for Small Businesses and it was amazing. I got to meet some wonderful small business owners, as well as some of their employees. The ballroom was full of people shaking hands, making introductions, smiling, exchanging of business cards and brochures...just a lot of networking. It was awesome.

I really didn't know what to expect or how exactly to prepare for this, so I was feeling a little overwhelmed beforehand. I got lots of photos in various sizes printed and bonded for displaying. I took photo books, albums and proof magazines for viewing. I even carefully loaded my Apple Cinema Display and took with me. I set it up to run a slideshow continuously and luckily, this was a big hit with everyone...yea yea. I met some very nice and intelligent people, all with a common interest to succeed with their small business. It was a ballroom full of adrenaline and excitement. No need for the Red Bull I drank before starting, I could have simply fed off all the positive energy that was flowing.

To all my new friends and fellow small business owners, I look forward to building relationships with each of you. My wish is for our community to grow together and our businesses to flourish.

Here are a couple photos my sister snapped with my point & shoot camera.


5 comments:

ohana photographers said...

beautiful display cassandra!!

Al Quackenbush said...

Great stuff, thanks for sharing! I hope you were able to book some biz!

Cristen said...

Awesome!! The display and your images are so beautiful!! Great job! ~Cristen :)

Anna Johnson said...

Awesome! You did a great job with this Cas! I hope it brings you LOTS of business!

Becky said...

Found your blog from Jasmine*. Love your booth. I haven't made the investment in one, so I'm always curious to see what people do.