September 24, 2008

KEY WEST MISC

We walk everywhere when we visit Key West. That is one thing I really miss. Walking, riding bikes and taking in the fresh air...it is good for the body, mind & soul. On one of our day trips I snapped some miscellaneous photos around town. Key West has chickens everywhere, it seems they've become the local mascot. When I saw this painting on the side of a news stand box, I had to take a photo. Also here's a photo at one of my favorite local shops, Key West Aloe. It is where I get Mocha's doggie shampoo and it is the best doggie shampoo in the world. I love it!



Key West Aloe...The shampoo they carry has ALOE in it, which helps to keep Mocha's skin from being dry. Plus it smells good, I mean good...really, really G-O-O-D! (You can also order it online from their website.) Anyone with a dog or puppy should try this shampoo at least once. You will be amazed and fall in love with it too. Again, the smell is intoxicating.



I took a night to dine at one of my favorite Key West restaurants, Origami Sushi. Amazing food and I love that they have outside seating and are very "dog friendly". Since Mocha is my child, he is never left alone on any of my vacations. He is always with me, even if I have to patronize only restaurants that have accommodations for outside seating. This is one of the things I LOVED and now miss about living in Key West...most of the places in Key West are pet friendly. Restaurants, bars, tourists shops, jewelry stores...even the fashion powerhouse, Express welcomes us every single time. It is so wonderful being able to take "my child" with me as I browse and shop. He is definitely more well behaved than some of the kids I've witnessed in stores before. Here is a photo at Origami, ooooh yummy sushi. Mocha had just woke up and was looking a little tired, but still adorable.



My last night in Key West, I met my wonderful, dear & beautiful friend Robyn. A new wine & dessert bar had just opened and she wanted to try it out. I am so glad we did. We laughed and caught up on where our lives had ventured to. We reminisced about the good times we had together and shared our new dreams. We talked about our families...we talked about our futures...we just talked, laughed, talked & laughed some more. Our time together reminded me how much I miss her, but it also reminded me that she will always be a special part of my life. A special friend, a confidant someone I can trust and someone I can always rely on to support me and my dreams. We had Cabernet in chocolate dipped glasses and a sampler of their best desserts. This just proves that vacations are not for dieting...ha.ha
.


A few more pics from one of our day walks. I love this painting. It was on a large piece of driftwood. It reminds me of a special person in my life...my sister-in-law, Jeniffer. She loves to dance and has such attitude and energy when she does. Every time I see this girl on a poster, in a picture, on a postcard, anywhere...I always think of Jeni. I took these photos just for her.





Books in wagons, how cool. I remember the owner having the wagons when I lived there.


More photos to come later as I share pictures of my new niece! I met her for the first time and she is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!

Have a blessed day~cass!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cass...we are so much alike its scary...please take a look at Micah's Blog...I took a "Sushi" Photo too!...hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Angel, Informative Blog, the sweets are so inviting!!! I just wanted to say I really appreciate all the time & effort U put into your blog for us to enjoy, I look forward to everyone, GREAT JOB, THANKS---God Bless

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

the chocolate glasses!!!! and that plate of dessert just killed me!!! :D