October 28, 2009

LACIE big disk quadra

External harddrives. The Lacie brand is awesome. Shooting with the Canon 5D Mark II is amazing, but my RAW image files are huge. This means when I back-up a shoot it takes up a lot of space. Filling up my current Lacie external harddrive was very easy, so I felt the need to upgrade. Lacie has a huge selection of products and after researching I decided to go with the "Lacie big disk quadra" with 2TB of space.



The Lacie harddrives will lay horizontally, stand vertically, stack together or you can rack-mount it with other Lacie harddrives. It has a detachable plate that you can easily attach for vertical storage.



This particular model offers a "Lacie Shortcut Button" on the front, which launches any backup or library application.



Another feature I really like is that the "Lacie big disk quadra" offers data transfer at very fast rates. This is important when backing-up a wedding with a mega number of images. Transferring files is all about speed. Speed is good. Also, this model has a quadruple interface....it can be connected via FireWire 800, Firewire 400, Hi_Speed USB 2.0 or eSATA 3Gbits. I prefer the FireWire 800 with my MAC.


Finally, I really love the exclusive aluminum d2 heat sink design this model offers. It is fanless and operates quietly. Nice!

0 comments: