August 21, 2009

MY SISTER....

She is "THE MOST SELFLESS PERSON I KNOW"...she is giving & loving & compassionate & kind & wonderful! Obviously, I could go on and on, but this post would never end...ha.ha. Most importantly, SHE ALWAYS puts others before herself....ALWAYS. She is the first person to "do without" in order to provide for someone in need. She will search for hours to get "just the right gift" and never asks for anything in return. She simply does this because she has a BIG HEART and she cares very deeply for others. (Proof : as I was writing this blog she asked my suggestion on getting a gift for a co-worker. Really, she did!) She is beyond generous and she firmly believes that it is better to give than receive. She is my inspiration to always try and be a better person. She shows me daily, in the way she lives her life, that helping and giving to others is very important. She is my confidant, my supporter and my rock. She encourages me, advises me and pushes me to succeed. She is my best friend and she is my sister!

For anyone who knows Lydia, then you know that she is truly an amazing person. A person you can depend on, count on, rely on and mostly importantly a person who will always be there anywhere and at any time, if you need her. She is also one of the hardest people to buy something for. Why? Because she never asks for anything. She never will say "I want this or I want that"...she says "What do you want?". That is just the kind of selfless person she is. (Here is the only recent photo I have of her, from the races in July...yikes! Hummmm, bad me!) Note to self: Need to take more pics of sis!



So recently when my friend Anna and I were having an afternoon of laughing and talking, I mentioned that I wanted to do something nice for Lydia...for no special reason, except that she DESERVED IT! She is so wonderful and giving to me, so I wanted to do something to express my gratitude and love to her. Anna looked over her back yard and pointed...her reply was "do THAT!". Hanging from a beautiful huge tree stretching over an area about 8 to 10 feet was Anna's hammock. She said that it was the best money she ever spent. She's had it for over 10 years and it is her place of solace, peace and calmness. She'll grab her a good book and retreat out back to the hammock. She even shares with her husband & Madyson for family time and afternoon siestas. Anna said it was the "perfect" gift for my sister. I immediately agreed. Lydia loves to read, she loves being outside around her beautiful plants and she loves watching the birds, which she feeds year round. I agreed, it would be the perfect gift. So I researched online (gotta love the internet) and this is what I found. I must say already it has paid for itself when I saw the smile on my sister's face. The fact I had to go wake her at dark yesterday to come inside, let me know that I did G-O-O-D! :)) We got a beautiful red cypress stand for it and YES, us girls put it together. (And it didn't fall...Hoo-ray! My Dad would be so proud!)




Presidential Size...YES! For multiple people or for those of us who like to st-r---e---t---ch out!



These hammocks are very well made. Check them out : Pawley's Island Hammocks.



Maybe now, I can get to reading these four books that are collecting dusk on my desk. LOL.


Here's to RELAXING LAZY days in the hammock!

3 comments:

kymberli q. said...

Your sister is beautiful and what an awesome gift. You even make hammocks look good!!

Mama said...

Angel, Just saw your blog on Lydia & U described her perfectly, I will not try to elaborate. Thanks a million for doing this, she deserves it & she is a GIFT FROM GOD (also U & James) EXCELLENT JOB --- God Bless

Unknown said...

Your sister IS a great person. Please tell her hi for me. I miss you guys both. Hopefully I can make it to Savannah soon.