May 7, 2008

ADRIENNE & THE HORSES


This is Adrienne and she loves horses. Her Mom recently contacted me about doing some family photos, but she especially wanted to get some pictures of Adrienne by herself. I suggested that we do some photos with what she loves and is most passionate about...horses. I contacted a local place near where they live, Southern Class Farms, about possibly doing some photos around their ranch. Mr Keith Davis was so kind and generous to oblige me. I stopped by the day before the shoot and had a wonderful conversation, he even offered to saddle up his wife's horse so I could get some photos with Adrienne sitting on the horse. I was so overwhelmed with his generosity and couldn't have gotten these amazing photos without his kindness. We had so much fun that morning. Below are a few of my favorites....




Most of the time Adrienne was not concerned about me getting the photos, she was steady focused on the horses. I love these types of photos, because they are not posed and they simply show who she is and what she loves.



This is definitely one of my favorites from the day...She was sitting on JR (that's the horse's name) and she seemed a million miles away from everything & everyone around her, except for JR.


Here you can see the storm that was brewing in the background and we were very fortunate to get all our shots before the rain came flooding down.



I love this photo...another one of her sitting on JR. She was watching the other horses and she just seemed so at peace.







This photo was so much fun. As Adrienne was riding around she had JR come straight towards me...I love the action here.



These pics truly show Adrienne's personality and how happy she was that day.




I love to get some interesting shots that show some of the details of the day...




I just love the feel to this one...I think she would have spent all day here, if we had not made her leave.



A special "Thank You" to Mr Keith Davis and his lovely wife, Gina owners of Southern Class Farms & The Rocky Creek Saddle Club in Lyons, Ga for their hospitality and kindness. Their love for horses is very evident at first glance. Mr Keith's gentle ways with JR was so wonderful to watch...you could tell he loves his horses and takes very good care of them. THANK YOU for allowing us to have a most incredible morning at your ranch. It was truly magical...


Have a blessed day~©

11 comments:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

holy smokes!!!!!! these are spot ON! absolutely awesome shots. wow. that last shot looks, no kidding, like it's coming off my blueberry. that is insane crisp!!! phew, i'm exhausted by how blown away by these i am. great work cassandra!!!

Anonymous said...

Truly lovely work!!! I especially enjoyed the third one -- it really captures Adrienne's personality. God has blessed you with a tremendous gift.

Anonymous said...

Angel,
As usual a fantastic job, & you had such great individuals to work with, you are awesome & I am partial, but then you are mine!!! I THANK GOD everyday for the talent He has blessed you with, Love U. Mama

wdbatton said...

Cassandra: They all are great but the 3rd one if my favorite.......Thanks for sharing. Love ya!

cassandra-m said...

thank you all for the wonderful comments and words. It truly touches my heart to hear your thoughts.

Unknown said...

hey lady, thx for peekin' in on my blog. would love to c your baseball pics. i always enjoy checkin' ou tyour work. I am like your other bloggers, u r awesome! I have never had the pleasure of meeting you but it feels as though i know you through your pictures and comments. Maybe I will be able to shoot with you real soon. That would be a hoot!:) Tese pics are great as always. A MOMENT IN TIME!

kymberli q. said...

Cassandra, these are fabulous! It probably doesn't hurt that I'm a sucker for cowgirl hats and horses too! AWESOME images! And what a great man for letting you shoot there!

Rachel Brooke said...

Beautiful, horses are gorgeous creatures!

Al Quackenbush said...

Cassandra! I love these shots. I especially enjoyed reading about how you approached the ranch and how you did it the day before and all. Great stuff! Love the shots, too. Great job of getting her mind off of the camera and just into what she loves to do. I learned quite a bit from this! Thanx and keep it up!

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

fun photos! what a great shoot!

Jen said...

i love the running and detail shots!! great job and great color!!